How To Share Wi
Can you share your Wi-Fi password from iPhone to iPhone? Yes! First, you need to make sure you have an updated version of iOS running on both iPhones. Apple released the Wi-Fi password-sharing feature in iOS 11, so make sure youre on that or a later version. Youll also need to turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for both devices.
Also, youll need to add your Apple ID and the connecting iPhones Apple ID. If they both use the same Apple ID, youll have no problem. But if youre trying to share the password with a friends iPhone, youll need to add one anothers Apple ID to your contacts list.
Once thats all set, get your iPhone and the other device that you want to share the Wi-Fi password with. Similar to connecting via Bluetooth, youll have an easier time and stronger connection if the devices are close to one another.
On the receiving device, take the following steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Go to Choose A Network and select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
Now its time for the host device to share access. On that iPhone, follow the below steps:
- You should see an alert pop up asking if you want to Share Your Wi-Fi.
- Select the Send Password button.
- Your phone will share access to the Wi-Fi network with the requesting phone.
After the password was successfully shared, you should be able to tap Done.
How To Share Your Wifi Password From Any Devic
- How to Easily Share Your Wi-Fi Password with a – Androi
- How To Share Wifi Password From Mobile To Mobil
- connect iPhone to Android’s Wifi Direct soft AP – Stack
- How To Share Wi-Fi with Your Android Device – Connectif
- How to share Wi-Fi network passwords via QR code on Androi
- How to share your WiFi password from your iPhon
- How to seamlessly share your Wi-Fi password on iPhone or
Why You Might Want To Change Your Wifi Password
When you set up a wireless network in your home, you will need to assign a password that each device will be required to have in order to access the network. Reasons, why you might want to change your WiFi network password, include:
- to secure your network especially if your network security has been compromised
- when you are setting up a new Internet modem
- when you are setting up a new network
- when you are setting up a second network
- when you are setting up a Guest network
You May Like: How To Connect Blink Camera To Wifi
How To Share Wifi Password From Mac To Iphone
There may be scenarios when you prefer to join the WiFi network using your Mac computer. In the following steps, we will now learn how to share WiFi password from Mac to iPhone. Lets get started!
Note: Before you get started, make sure that your Mac computer is connected to the WiFi network.
- On your iPhone, tap on WiFi.
- Select the WiFi network you want to connect to.
- Go to your Mac and click on the Share Password option.
This is how you can provide WiFi to the iPhone user without telling them your password. It is a safe and secure way to share your WiFi connection.
What If The Above Steps Dont Work
If youre having trouble with any of the steps above, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your iOS is updated. Go to Settings > General and look for any available software updates.
- Double-check you have one anothers Apple ID saved. If its not in your contacts list, the iOS connections wont work.
- Restart your devices. This includes the iPhone, iPad, Macbook and Android devices.
- Turn Wi-Fi on and off. Sometimes you just need to disconnect and reconnect to reset your devices connection.
- Restart your Wi-Fi network. Unplug your router and modem for at least 60 seconds before plugging them back in.
- Put the devices in close proximity. If you can, place the devices side-by-side to ensure an uninterrupted connection.
Don’t Miss: Can I Have 2 Wifi Routers In My House
Simple & Secure Ways To Share A Wi
However, unlike devices running on Android, iDevices do not show the Wifi password. Maybe you would like to connect a different iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network but you cannot recall the exact Wifi password. Also, you may want to share the Wi-Fi password with colleagues. If you are in one of these situations, you would want to know how to find Wifi password on iPhone. Luckily, there. For Android users, it’s recommended to use the Barcode Scanner app, which is available for free on the Play Store, besides that you can use offerings like Google Goggles. iOS users can use apps like QR Reader or RedLaser. Furthermore, we’ve previously covered a dedicated guide just like this one for Android users, which you can check out here Another shortcut that can come in handy is sharing your Wi-Fi password as a QR code. Here’s how you can do it. Disclaimer: The screenshots below correspond to Shortcuts app for iOS 13 Beta 2.
How To: Change A Home Wifi Network Password
To change the password for the wireless network on your Shaw wireless modem, you will need to log into the admin console of your WiFi modem which will allow you to configure various settings related to your wireless network. You can do this over WiFi, but a wired connection will offer the most reliable experience.
Read Also: Iphone To Roku Without Wifi
How Can I Share Wifi Through Bluetooth
How to share Data network via Bluetooth?
But If It’s Android 90 Pie Or Lower You Have To Root Android Or You Can’t Find Wifi Password On Android Phone
How to share wifi password android. Don’t know how to share wifi password in android? If prompted, select html viewer from the list to see the content of the file. In the wifi section, you will find a .conf file that saves your wifi password.
You may have heard/ seen that by. However, the device receiving the password needs not necessarily be running on android 12. Partly thanks to qr codes and nearby share.
So no longer do you need to go lookup the password when your friends or family come over and want to use your wifi. By extension, this also applies to all the best android smartphones on the market. All that is required to share wifi password with your guest is to generate a qr code on your phone and ask your guest to scan the qr code using the camera on his/her phone.
On wifi screen, tap on the gear icon located next to your wifi network. Or you can jump into settings and then select wifi. You can share wifi details with others very easily in android 12.
If your android phone is running android 10, well, you can view wifi password on android settings directly. Click on the file to open it. Now, tap on the gear icon next to wifi network.
Here, open the misc folder to find the wifi folder. Partly thanks to by alexander maxham · september 13, 2021. Besides, it is fairly easy to change the wifi password later if needed to restrict access.
Find wifi password on mac Wifi, Passwords, How to find out
Have you ever gone to a friend’s house and not asked for
Don’t Miss: How To Mirror Iphone To Roku Tv Without Wifi
Can I Share A Wi
You can share a password from your Mac to your phone but there are some things to consider first. Here’s a look at what you need to know.
- You can only share your password with an iOS device. It’s possible to share a password from your Mac to your iPhone or iPad but it isn’t possible to do so using an Android device.
- You need to have the Apple ID saved to contacts. Wi-Fi password sharing is done via the contacts listed on your phone. Make sure you have the Apple ID of both devices saved as a contact on each device.
- You need to be physically close. You need to have both devices nearby each other to be able to transfer the password. It can’t be done remotely.
How Do I Get Wi
Another method is to use Bluetooth to connect your Mac’s Wi-Fi to your phone. Here’s what to do.
Again, this method only works with iPhones and iPads. Make sure both devices have Bluetooth switched on.
On your iPhone, tap Personal Hotspot.
On your Mac, click the Apple icon.
Click Connect next to your iPhone name.
Check the numbers match and tap Pair on your iPhone.
You should now be connected.
Read Also: Roku Error 014.20
How Can I Share My Iphone Screen With My Laptop
From your iPhone, open the Control Center and tap the Screen Mirroring button. If you dont see such a button, you may need to add it from the iPhones Settings. Once you tap the Screen Mirroring button, select your LonelyScreen laptop from the list, and your iPhone screen will appear on your PC right away.
How To Share Your Wifi Password From Your Iphone
We get it. With data breaches happening all the time, it’s important to have a strong WiFi password. But when your friend comes over to watch The Bachelor and needs the WiFi so they can tweet about it, sharing a password that looks like your cat walked on your keyboard is the definition of tedious. Thanks to the developers at Apple, there is now a feature that helps you easily share your WiFi password from your iPhone.
If you’re not sure how to share your WiFi password from your iPhone, have no fear. We’re here to help.
First things first: Make sure that both the device that’s sharing the WiFi password and the device receiving the WiFi password are up to date with the latest iOS versions. Otherwise, sharing your WiFi password via iPhone won’t work. Apple added the convenient feature to the iOS 11 update, so sharing your WiFi password via iPhone is only possible with devices that have iOS 11 or higher. Remember: As a practice, it’s good to always keep your devices up-to-date with software updates for security reasons.
If your iPhone has iOS 11 or higher, you’re on your way to simpler WiFi password sharing. Skip this next section and scroll straight down to “How to share your WiFi password via iPhone.” If your phone isn’t on the latest update we’ll walk you that first.
Don’t Miss: Blink Module Blinking Blue
How Do I Transfer Password From Mac To Iphone
Sharing your Wi-Fi password from your Mac to your iPhone is far simpler than having to remember the password. Here’s how to do it.
Make sure your Mac is already connected to the Wi-Fi network in question before following the steps, and that you have the other person’s Apple ID in your contacts list.
Move the iPhone close to your Mac.
On your iPhone, tap Settings.
Tap the network you wish to join.
On your Mac, click the Wi-Fi password dialog that appears.
The password is now shared to your iPhone.
Who Can Share Wifi Password
The feature is relatively new and was released with the launch of iOS 11. Hence, there are a few system specifications that your device needs to adhere to for utilizing the feature. Heres the compliance list:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features must be enabled in both the devices and they should be in the range.
- Your devicesPersonal Hotspot should be turned off.
- Your Apple ID must be saved in the other persons contacts application.
- The feature is available only for iOS 11 or later and macOS High Sierra or later.
How To Share Wifi Password From Android To Iphone
If you want to share the Wi-Fi from Android to iPhone then we have simple solutions for that. On Android devices, you can share the WiFi password in two different ways:
- With QR Code WiFi Feature on Android
- With QR Code Generator App
Now we will understand these two methods with a manual procedure. Lets read them now!
To share the WiFi password, you need to connect your Android phone to the WiFi network. Then, scan the QR code to share the network on the iPhone. Lets know how to share WiFi password from Android to iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on Android.
- Choose your network to get connected.
- When you see the QR code on your screen, scan it using the iPhone. This will share the WiFi through the code without telling the password to other users.
In case you dont find the QR code directly then you can tap on Share and share the QR Code with iPhone and other devices.
Note: QR code feature may not be available on all Android devices. However, after Android Q, the QR Code WiFi has been added as a default feature on Android devices.
In case, your Android phone does not have QR Code WiFi feature then you still share the WiFi password. All it requires is the QR code generator app installed on your phone. Lets know how to do that in the following steps.
- Launch Google PlayStore on your Android phone.
- Run the app on your phone.
- Choose the menu and select the WiFi option.
- Select the Network Type.
- Now, you can enter the SSID/network name and password.
- Tap on Generate.
Contacts Only On Ios 11 Or Higher
This feature only works with devices in the Apple ecosystem, which means you can only share the password between two iOS 11 devices or between devices running iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra or higher.
If you have a friend with an Android device, just skip to the next option.
The first method for iOS to share WiFi passwords goes as follows:
- Make sure both of the devices have added each other in their contacts.
- Do this by going to the Contacts app and simply making a new contact.
- If youre unable to see it, try sending an iMessage to the recipients phone.
- To share your password, make sure youre already connected to the Wi-Fi network you want the other device to connect to.
- Open the Settings app and go to the Wi-Fi option on the device you want to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the network you want to connect the device to, and you should see the textbox to enter the password.
- Bring the two devices close to each other, Ideally right beside each other, but it should still work if youre in the same room.
- Wait for a few seconds, and youll see a Share Password button show up. As soon as you press it, the device will connect to the network. Do note that this is a bit slower on old iPhones.
You can share the password of your Wi-Fi from iOS 11 to macOS High Sierra with the same rules being applied. The mac device should be a contact on the iOS device.
Also Check: Google Wifi Access Point Mode