Solution For Connecting Roku To Wi
Sometimes, you might face issues while connecting your Roku device to wifi. Here are steps on how to eliminate these problems without worrying yourself too much.Your Roku device generally shows Wi-Fi connectivity problemsanappropriate connection between the Roku system and the home network fails. Ensure that the power cords are properly attached to a wall socket. If you continue to getting the error pop-up, continue with the guidelines below:
Check out the video below for more information
Cannot choose a Roku device? Read this simple guide.
How To Set Up Your Phone As A Remote Control For Roku Via The App
To set up your phone as a remote control using the app, do the following:
- When you open the app, tap the Remote icon at the bottom. This will allow you to use your phone as a remote. The default button layout of the remote is almost identical to the hardware remote.
You can also use swiping instead of tapping the buttons. To do this, you need to change the layout in the app settings.
With The Help Of The Roku App
Before installing the Roku App you have to do a few changes so that you can easily activate WiFI. Kindly follow the stated steps.
- Open your Mobile phone.
- Then choose to go to the Settings option.
- After that select the Mobile Hotspot option from the menu.
- Then kindly choose the Setup Mobile Hotspot.
- When you see the warning regarding your Mobile Data Usaging seems on your screen. Feel free to press the OK button
- Now you have to add the correct WiFi network name and
- Then choose the Security mode.
- Make sure to save the Mobile Hotspot that you have created and then activate the hotspot in the final step.
You May Like: Does Dunkin Donuts Have Free Wifi
How To Connect A Roku To The Internet
This article was written by Darlene Antonelli, MA. Darlene Antonelli is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. Darlene has experience teaching college courses, writing technology-related articles, and working hands-on in the technology field. She earned an MA in Writing from Rowan University in 2012 and wrote her thesis on online communities and the personalities curated in such communities. This article has been viewed 17,438 times.
When you’re in the setup process of connecting a Roku player to your TV, you’ll need to connect your Roku player to the WiFi home network and/or the internet in order to start streaming. This wikiHow will teach you how to connect a Roku streaming player or stick to the internet for the first time and then reconnect to Wi-Fi again if you are seeing this screen if you’re encountering any of these unexpected network issues like if youre unable to access the ROKU Channel Store, buffering or pauses during playback later so that way, you can now watch TV and view the content again, if it didnt connect to Wifi, or if the connectivity problem persists, try to contact the Internet Service Provider on either the phone or live video chat apps on either a smartphone, tablet, or laptop and/or desktop computers.
Disconnect The Additional Devices
If any other devices are connected with the router that you are using then kindly disconnect all the other devices to get full access to the WiFi and to avoid this problem.
If you will not disconnect the other devices then low strength, Connecting intermittently problems will cause again and again to you. So, the smart and better step would be to immediately disconnect the other devices.
The above-directed steps will definitely help you to quickly overcome the WiFi network issues.
Read Also: Can You Have Two Wifi Routers In One House
Connect Your Tv To A Mobile Hotspot
It doesnt matter if you dont have a regular WiFi connection at home.
Smart TVs still can use the WiFi hotspot that your phone can provide to connect to the internet.
Turn on the WiFi hotspot from the settings screen of your phone.
Connect your TV to the hotspot like you would connect the TV to any other WiFi hotspot.
Keep in mind smart TVs use a lot of data when streaming content, especially at 4K, so make sure your phone plan has enough data or try not to stream in high quality.
How To Connect Tcl Roku Tv To Wifi
Follow the below-given steps to connect TCL Roku TV to Wifi,
The initial step is to press the Home button available on your remote.
Select the Settings to option after scrolling down.
With the help of the Right-Arrow button, you have to choose the Network option followed by the Wireless option.
The scan for available networks will start.
When a list of networks displays, scroll the screen downwards, and select your wireless network.
Enter the correct security key and tap the Connect option.
Your TCL Roku TV is now connected to the Internet.
Recommended Reading: Can You Have 2 Wireless Routers In One House
Connect Your Tv To Your Router Using An Ethernet Cable
If you dont have a USB keyboard or mouse lying around, you can try connecting the TV to your network with an ethernet cable.
First, check if your TV has an ethernet port they are quite easy to spot, but use the image above for reference if you are confused.
If you have one, get a long enough ethernet cable to reach the TV from your router.
If you dont have one, Id suggest getting the DbillionDa Cat8 Ethernet Cable.
Get the longest one to be sure and plug one of the ends into the router and the other end into the ethernet port to the TV.
Check if your TV has reconnected to the internet.
Set Up Roku Wifi Without Remote: Using Mobile Hotspot
The easiest way for you to access the Roku is with your smartphone. So, you can connect Roku to WiFi using Mobile Hotspot. And in order to do so, just go through the following steps:
- At first, go to the Settings of your phone.
- Tap on the Mobile Hotspot option and followed by clicking on the Set Up Mobile Hotspot button.
- After that, when the warning of the Mobile Data appears, click on Ok
- Then you have to add the WiFi network. Further, you have to choose the Security mode as WPA2 PSK.
- Once you have created it, now you have to save it. And finally, activate the Hotspot.
- Open your Google Play Store, if you are an Android user or open the iOS App Store if you are an iOS user. Then from there, download the Roku app on your device.
- Once the installation is done, open the app and then press the Remote icon in the app which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then just like the original hardware remote, your mobile will display a similar remote to the Roku.
- Now, you have to use the keys in the virtual remote layout which is displayed on your mobile and connect to the WiFi.
- Hit the Settings menu of Roku and then find your wireless network.
- Once it finds your wireless network, you have to enter the password of the network to continue. Then your Roku device will be connected to the internet and you will be able to use it without a remote.
Recommended Reading: Dunkin Donuts Free Wifi Near Me
Procedure For Connecting Your Roku 2 To A Wifi Without A Remote
It is possible to Connect your Roku to a Wifi without needing a Remote. It includes some guidelines along with two cell phones. You can utilize the Roku application as a substitute for the actual remote. When you connect the two gadgets to one network, it makes it possible to utilize the mobile device as a substitue. Follow the steps below to know the procedure for Connecting your Roku and a WiFi without any Remote:
- Open your Applications. Then tap the Settings button on your mobile.
- Choose an option for the network. The names of the menu can vary in regards to your OS.
- Establish an identifiable name for the network and a strong password to protect it.
- The freshly made hotspot must be Saved and check the settings youve made. Click the OK tab
- Open your Roku app. Press the Remote button on your phone in your Roku app.
- After that, connect your other smart phone to your mobile hotspot. Now, open your Roku application.
- Visit your Settings. There, adjust them according to your new fresh network you want Roku to connect to.
- Switch the mobile hotspot on and link to the network your Roku is linked to.
- Now you will be able to use your mobile phone as your devices remoted instead of a hardware remote.
Use Screen Mirroring With An Internet
If you no longer have an internet connection but do own a wireless router at your house, you can use it to mirror the contents of your screen to your Roku device. You can do so by connecting both your smartphone and Roku to the same WiFi router and then enabling screen mirroring on Roku.
Instead of Roku being connected to the internet, you can keep your phone connected to stream content. To enable screen mirroring:
Step 1: Select the Settings tab on your Roku home screen, head over to System > Screen mirroring.
Step 2: Now on your Android device, select the native screen mirroring service thats built-in to your phone. Pixel phones come with a Cast feature while Samsung phones are built with Samsung SmartView functionality. You can easily search for your native mirroring tool inside Settings if not, Google search screen mirroring < with your phones brand> .
Step 3: Select the Roku device from your screen mirroring tool.
Step 4: Accept the request on Roku when prompted.
Step 5: When asked if you want to use RokuCast without the internet, click on Proceed anyway.
When you approve screen mirroring from your smartphone, you will be able to see the contents of your screen on the TV.
This way, even if you dont have an internet connection in your TV, you will be stream movies and TV shows on Roku. You can use your smartphones mobile data to watch the content you want.
Don’t Miss: Dunkin Donuts Free Wifi Locations
How To Connect Your Roku Tv To Wifi Using The Roku Mobile App
Connecting to WiFi could not be simpler without the use of your Roku TV remote. If you run into any trouble during the process, just restart and you will be sorted in no time.
Procedure To Be Able To Connect Your Roku To Your Wireless
First step in a Roku content streaming system set up is that it must be connected to Internet. The connection of your Roku computer to the Internet canbe done via a wireless or Ethernet network. Please remember the name of your network and its encryption passwords. The procedure for attaching your Roku computer to a wireless network is given below. Following this method will help you connect Roku to Wifi without remote.
- For first time connectionof Roku to your network: when the window that asks you to select a connection mode, choose the Wireless alternative.
- Your Roku system can automatically identify surrounding wireless networks.
- Choose your SSID after the list of available network displays on the screen.
- If your network name or access point is not available in the list, choose the Search option to access all Wi-Fi networks.
- When your Roku system declares its link to your network, put in the WEP or WPA key and then connect it.
- When the system connects to your network, every available notifications will be shown on the phone.
- Execute the process of upgrading and wait until it is over.
- Connect Roku to your wireless network following the first setup: Incase you wish to connect your Roku computer to a fresh wireless network, press the Home button.
- Select Settings and pick Network, then press Set Up Connection button.
- Press the key and standby until the system and your network are linked.
Also Check: Set Up Roku Stick Wifi Without Remote
Simpler Way Get A Remote
Even a simple process such as changing wireless settings on your Roku can turn into quite a frustrating experience if you dont have a remote.
Every other time you want to change the connection, youll need to reconnect both your Roku and your remote-smartphone to that connection so you can navigate it without a proper remote. The best way to avoid this is to contact your nearest tech store or a Roku customer support and try to get a replacement remote.
Do you use your Roku mobile app as a remote control? Do you think it renders the Roku remote useless? Share your opinion in the comments section at the bottom of the page.
A Useful Piece Of Knowledge
Losing your Roku remote willcertainly be a problem especially if youre trying to connect to a new network.Being able to do this by using a workaround is a useful piece of knowledge tohave
Do you have any other tips on howto connect the Roku to a Wi-Fi network without a remote? Share your thoughts inthe comments section below.
Also Check: How To Activate Xfinity Wifi
Can You Connect Roku Directly To Router
If you’re not having luck connecting your Roku wirelessly to your network, you may want to opt for a wired connection. However, this is only possible if you have certain Roku devices, such as the Roku Ultra, as only some of them have an Ethernet cable port.
To see if you can connect your Roku with an Ethernet cable, look on the back of the device for a port labeled Ethernet. If you see this, use an Ethernet cable and connect the Roku to your router.
If you have a Roku Streambar, you can also buy a USB Ethernet adapter and hook it up to your router that way. A Roku TV may also have an Ethernet port, so check the back of the TV if you have one.
After connecting a Roku device to your router, do the following:
Navigate to the Home screen on your Roku.
Go to Settings > Network > Set up connection.
Select Wired connection.
Set Up The Roku App To Use As A Remote
2. Open the app and tap the “Remote” icon at the bottom of the screen to open the remote.
3. The default remote layout is nearly identical to the hardware remote. Tap the keys as you would on your regular remote.
The app’s remote layout can be switched to use swipes instead of button taps. You can switch between the remote layouts by changing settings from the remote settings menu.
Recommended Reading: Canon Pixma Mx492 Wireless Setup Mac