Using An Alternative Apple Remote
If you have another Apple TV remote, you can use it to control your current Apple TV. To do this, detach your remote from the old Apple TV by pressing and holding the Menu button and the left arrow for six seconds. If a remote control icon appears on the TV screen to which the remote control has been paired, it means that it has been unlinked.
To pair this remote with your current Apple TV, press the Menu button and the right button for six seconds. A remote control icon that appears on the TV indicates that the remote control has been paired. You can now use this remote control to set up Wi-Fi by following the steps in the instructions above.
Use A Macbook As A Bluetooth Keyboard
- Switch off your iPhones Wi-Fi and Cellular Data, then connect it to your Mac.
- Connect your Apple TV to the televisions HDMI port and the Mac using the Ethernet cable and a USB-C dongle.
- Power Up your Apple TV.
- On your Mac, go to Preferences and choose Sharing.
- Under the Share your connection from field, select Wi-Fi, and under the To computers using field box, check only the following boxes: Thunderbolt Ethernet and iPhone USB.
- Also, Tick the Internet Sharing option in the Services field to activate sharing.
- On your iPhone, open the AppleTV Remote from the Control Center.
- Ensure that your AppleTV is identified in the app, click it to connect, and type the pin displayed on your TV.
- Youll need a Bluetooth Keyboard now, but dont panic if you dont have one.
- This makes your Mac devices Bluetooth findable.
- Now go to the Remote feature on your iPhone to manage your AppleTV and connect your Mac as a Bluetooth device using your iPhone.
- Choose Settings > General > Bluetooth and Devices.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from the AppleTV since you no longer need it.
- To manage the AppleTV and set up the Wi-Fi connection, use your Macs Virtual Bluetooth Keyboard .
- The arrow keys on your keyboard allow you to move about, while the ESCAPE and ENTER keys enable you to enter and exit options.
- As the Wi-Fi is configured, you can reconnect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Ensure that your Apple TV and your Mac device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Can You Use Your Iphone To Connect Your Apple Tv To Wifi
Yes, the simplest and most direct way to control your Apple TV is using the Remote app on your iOS device.
iOS 9 and above or iPadOS 13 or higher will automatically install the Remote widget when it detects an Apple TV nearby, which you can use to navigate your Apple TV.
To activate the app, turn on both WiFi and Bluetooth on your iPhone/iPad, then touch the device to the Apple TV box. This will establish a connection.
If your iPhone doesnt automatically add the Apple TV remoter feature, you can still do it manually through Control Center.
The app is very similar to a physical remote you can use the slide-over gesture to quickly change between menus or drag your finger around the touch surface.
You May Like: How Do Portable Wifi Work
Why Is My Apple Tv Remote Not Responding
Why is Apple TV not responding to the remote? When you buy an Apple TV, it comes with a remote. You may think that the battery is â â â â or that something in the remote is broken and that you need to buy a new remote. This is unlikely, however, as the Apple TV remote is a well-built device that doesn’t die easily.
Is There A Monthly Fee For Apple Tv
Follow these steps to jailbreak your Apple TV 2:
Last Word About This Article
If your Apple remote is missing or broken, but you still want to connect your Apple TV to WiFi without remote, you can use any infrared remote you have. Youll also need an ethernet cable, the Apple TV Remote app, and WiFi router access.
I tried my best to provide information about how to connect an Apple TV to the WiFi network without using a remote. I hope this guide will help you to fix this problem. If you encounter any kind problem, feel free to share with us in comment box.
Using An Alternate Apple Remote
If you have another Apple TV remote, you can use that to control your current Apple TV instead. To do this, unlink your remote to the old Apple TV by holding down the Menu button and the left arrow for six seconds. If a remote icon appears on the screen of the TV that your remote was paired to, then that means that it has been unlinked.
To pair that remote to your current Apple TV, press the Menu button and the right button for six seconds. A remote icon appearing on your TV will indicate that the remote has been paired. You can now use this remote to set up Wi-Fi by using the steps indicated on the instructions above.
Read Also: Where Is Reset Button On Blink Xt2 Camera
Connect Apple Tv To Wifi Through Iphone
If you have broken your TV remote or it may be out of charge then no problem, iPhone users can use their iPhone as a remote to navigate through their Apple TV. And even connect Apple TV to WiFi without a remote. So follow the steps given below,
Are Apple Tv Remotes Universal
remoteremoteremoteApple TVremoteApple TVApple TV
Set up your Apple TV for streaming
You May Like: Two Wifi Routers
Replace Your Lost Or Broken Apple Tv Remote
If you really want to solve this issue once and for all, just get a replacement Apple TV remote.
These remotes can get a bit pricey, but use Amazon and you can have it shipped to your house tomorrow.
But hey, Im not judging, maybe its late and you just gotta watch that new episode of Friends right now, and hacking together a near term solution is all that matters.
Do your future-self a favor though, and buy the replacement remote too. Youll thank me later.
Use An Ethernet Cable Apple Tv Remote App And Spare Ir Remote
While this solution has been proven to work 100% of the time, it does require that you have access to several things:
If you are missing any of these items, this simply wont work. In that case, you should jump down to the next solution below.
If you have all four items, start by connecting one end of your ethernet cable to the back of your Apple TV, and the other end to your WiFi router.
Once these connections are made, go ahead and turn on your TV and make sure you see your Apple TV load on the screen.
Now, on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, open up the Control Center.
- On iPhone X or later or iPad with the latest version of iPadOS: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier or iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
Once the Control Center is open:
next to Apple TV Remote)
Using the Apple TV Remote application, navigate to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Learn Remote on your Apple TV.
Now, with the spare IR remote you found lying around, followthe on-screen instructions. This process allows Apple TV to recognize the IR remotes signal and will sync with it.
Use a Bluetooth keyboard in place of an IR remote
Also Check: Can You Have 2 Wifi Modems In One House
Apple Tv Remote Interface:
- It has a large touch area, where you can swipe left, right, down, or up to navigate and select apps, content, and listings on Apple TV.
- The volume buttons can be used to control the volume of the device.
- Touching and holding the menu button will help you return to the home screen.
- Tap the mike button to activate Siri.
- Search button to carry out the search process on Apple TV.
If you have a long or complicated WiFi password, you can use a Bluetooth keyboard or a MacBook keyboard to type the password.
Use Another Ios Device By Temporarily Connecting Apple Tv Via Ethernet Cable
You will need to temporarily use an ethernet connection on your Apple TV to get access to the internet. Then use the iOS device to navigate your Apple TV and connect it to Wi-Fi. After that, you can disconnect the ethernet cable. You can follow these steps to do so:
- You need to connect your Apple TV to the same network as your iOS device. We will connect an Apple TV to the router using an Ethernet cable and an iOS device using Wi-Fi.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable to the Apple TV and the other end to the router.
- Open up your iOS control center.
- For recent iOS devices, the Apple TV remote activates automatically. For older iOS devices, you have to add the Apple TV control. Go to Settings > Control Center. Then press the + button to add Apple TV control to the Control Center of your iOS device.
- Look up the remote icon and click to open up the Apple TV Remote.
- Look up Apple TV and click on it.
- Enter the passcode given on the TV screen on your iOS device.
- Navigate through Apple TV settings and look for Network settings. Connect your Apple TV to Wi-Fi.
- Disconnect the ethernet cable since you dont need it anymore.
- Now you have successfully connected Apple TV to Wi-Fi without using its remote.
Read Also: How To Find Optimum Wifi Password
How Can I Connect My Tv To Wifi Without Remote
Make sure your iOS 7 smartphone is unlocked and Bluetooth is turned on. Also, make sure youre connected to the Wi-Fi network that Apple TV will use. Wait for the prompts to appear on your iOS smartphone and Apple TV when you touch them together. On your iOS device, enter your Apple ID and password.
How Do I Set Up Apple Tv Without Remote
Setting up Apple TV without Apple Remote:
. Moreover, how do I set up Apple TV?
Set up Apple TV
Furthermore, how can connect my iPhone to my TV? Connect With a CableBy far, the simplest way to connect your iPhone or iPad to your TV is to use a cable like Apple’s Digital AV Adapter, which connects your Apple device to your TV’s HDMI port. You’ll also need a standard HDMI cableany one will do, so just buy the least expensive one you can find.
Also Know, how do I connect my Apple TV to a new WiFi?
How to manually enter a network on your Apple TV
How do I connect my iPhone to Apple TV wirelessly?
Also Check: Can I Have 2 Wifi Routers In My House
Retore Apple Tv With Itunes App On Computer
You can also use iTunes application to reset your Apple TV on the computer. The procedures are quite simple.
Step 1. Remove all cables from your Apple TV, such as the power cable or HDMI cord. Then open the latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac.
Step 2. Next connect your Apple TV to the computer with an original USB cable. For Apple TV 3rd generation and former, use micro USB cable for 4K, use USB-C cord.
Step 3. Find your Apple TV icon on iTunes and then go to the “Summary” > “Apple TV” > “Restore Apple TVâ¦”. Now you can restore Apple TV without remote and wait until the process is done.
Use Your Iphone As A Remote
You can use your existing iPhone as a remote for your Apple TV using the iPhone control center.
Note: To use this method, you will need the iOS 12+ or iPadOS 13+ version.
Just take your iOS device closer to your Apple TV and your TV will detect it automatically.
If not detected automatically, you have to add Apple TV control to your iOS device manually. To do this, go to Settings > Control Center.
Once added, you can control your Apple TV with your iPhone or iPad control center.
Configure your Wi-Fi using Settings > Network > Wi-Fi and select your Wi-Fi network from the list.
Also Check: What Wifi Extenders Work With Spectrum
Use An Alternate Apple Remote To Connect Apple Tv To Wifi Without Remote
If you have another Apple TV remote, you can use it to control your current Apple TV. To do so, hold down the Menu and left arrow buttons on your remote for six seconds to unlink it from the old Apple TV. If a remote symbol shows on the screen of the TV to which your remote was paired, it has been disconnected.
Press the Menu and right buttons for six seconds to pair that remote with your current Apple TV. The remote will appear as a remote icon on your TV once it has been linked. Using the methods outlined in the instructions above, you can now use this remote to set up Wi-Fi.