How To Fix An Hp Stream Notebook Computer That Cannot Connect To Wi
Dealing with Wi-Fi issues in laptop and notebook computers can be both annoying and challenging. Annoying in the sense that you couldnt get to the must-have wireless Internet feature until the main issue is fixed. The thing is that finding the ultimate solution for Wi-Fi issues can be a bit of a challenge given that there are a lot of factors to consider as probable causes thus troubleshooting Wi-Fi problems can take time. But for as long as the hardware is free from any sort of damages, theres a way to fix it.
Tackled in this post is a pertinent issue on the HP Stream notebook computer that is unable to connect to Wi-Fi internet. Keep reading and get some help with the walkthroughs offered below.
Manual Ways To Connect Hp Printer To Wi
If you want to know how to connect your HP printer to Wi-fi manually, these trouble-free steps are a must to follow. To ensure a manual installation, you have to install the printer driver in your computer. To do that you can connect the sublimation printer to your PC or laptop by using a USB cable.
Steps of connecting printer to Wi-Fi manually:
- Use the software setup process to connect to the wireless network.
- You will get the options for wireless connection from where you can choose your network.
- Enter the password of your network to get the connection with your printer
- To save your credentials, click on DONE
- Your printer will be connected to the wi-fi network
How Do I Connect My Windows 7 Hp Laptop To Wifi
Right-click the wireless network icon, click Open Network and Sharing Center, click Set up a new connection or network, and then select Manually connect to a wireless network. Click Next to continue. Enter the required network security information. This is the information you used when you set up your home network.
Recommended Reading: How To Improve Wifi In Basement
Use Windows 7 Network And Internet Troubleshooter
How To Connect A Printer To Your Handheld Devices
It seems as though we are constantly glued to our favorite handheld devices and reliant on them to perform hundreds of everyday tasks. New and ever-improving technology allows those on-the-go to print with the touch of a finger. Need to quickly transform the content on your 6-inch screen into letters and images on an 8½ x 11-inch sheet of paper? We are here to show you how.
How to connect a printer to your iPhone or iPad
Engineered specifically for Apple products, AirPrint-enabled printers are the answer to your wireless printing wishes. Without any need to download drivers or install printer-specific software, AirPrint allows you to print computer quality photos and documents from any of your Apple products.
There are hundreds of wireless printers already manufactured with AirPrint enablement. Check Apple Support to see if your printer is compatible.
Step 1: Connect to your WiFi network
- Within your Apple settings, select WiFi to see all available networks
- For seamless processing, make sure both your iPhone/iPad and printer are connected to the same WiFi network
Step 2: Locate your printer
- Open the app on your Apple device that you want to print from
- Once youve got the right document, tap on the apps share icon
- Within the list of shareable options, tap the “Print” icon and select your printer
Step 3: Complete the job
How to connect a printer to your Android device
Step 1: Add your printer to Google Cloud Print
Step 2: Download the Google Cloud Print app to your device
You May Like: Canon Pixma Mx492 Setup
Run The Troubleshooting On Your Hp Laptop With Windows 10
Before going towards any step, I would like to recommend you to run troubleshooting on PCs Windows 10 to check if it is an IP address problem. This will give you a better idea of the problem and how to fix it.
For running troubleshooting, do the following steps on your laptop:
Setting Up The Modem And Internet Connection
After you have all the equipment, you’ll need to set up your modem and Internet connection. If your modem wasn’t set up for you by your Internet service provider , follow the instructions that came with your modem to connect it to your PC and the Internet. If you’re using Digital Subscriber Line , connect your modem to a phone jack. If youre using cable, connect your modem to a cable jack.
Read Also: Do Disney Plus Downloads Work Without Wifi
Fix : Reset Hardware On Your Hp Windows 10 Laptop Or Computer
A problem in the hardware could be the answer to your question why is my HP computer not connecting to wifi. Due to the same reason, this problem can be found on the Windows 10 HP laptop as well.
In this section, you can find the procedure to check for any problem in your systems hardware and then reset it easily to resolve that problem.
- Shut down your HP laptop.
- In case of a wireless router, remove the power cord from it.
- If your broadband modem is separate, remove the power cord from your broadband modem.
- After 5 seconds, attach the power cord to the router and broadband modem.
- Let all the lights, internet, and your laptop turn on.
- In case the lights dont turn on, check for any error in the power source. You can also use another power outlet.
- In case just the power light turns on and no network connection gets detected, please check whether the internet signal cable has been connected to your broadband.
- In case the internet light is blinking or no connection is indicated, connect with your internet service provider to get the problem fixed.
- Now, turn on your HP Windows 10 laptop. Windows should connect to the wireless network on its own. If the internet does not get automatically connected, tap the icon of Wireless Connection. Choose your Network. Now, press Connect. And your laptop will be connected to the internet.
How To Turn On Wifi On Hp Laptop
If you dont know how to turn on wifi on HP laptop on Windows 10 or Windows 7, then you can look at the following 2 steps. You will be able to enable it in just a second using the Fn key.
- Press the Fn key along with the key having the wifi symbol.
- You can also look for a button on your keyboard for turning the wifi on or off.
You May Like: Canon Pixma Mx492 Wireless Setup Mac
S To Connect Hp Deskjet Wireless Printer On Windows
Its very easy to connect HP Deskjet wireless setup on your Windows system. Just follow these steps-
- Switch on your HP Deskjet printer, Windows PC and your Wifi router.
- Make sure your printer and PC are connected properly.
- Then, connect HP Deskjet printer to your Wifi network by following the steps given in above.
- Now, open your browser on the PC and go to 123.hp.com to download HP Deskjet printer driver.
- Choose your model from the printer list
- Then, Go to the Control panel from your Windows Search option.
- Now, choose Printer and Driver option.
- Choose Add Printer option from the next appearing window.
- After this a HP Deskjet printer model list will appear on your screen. Select your model and click on next and wait until setup finishes.
- Now, your HP deskjet wireless printer will be connected to your Windows PC.
Fix : Reinstall Wireless Network Adapter Driver Via Device Manager On Your Hp Windows 10 Laptop
Reinstalling the wireless network adapter driver on your HP laptop is possible via the Device Manager as well. When you install it again using the Device Manager, it will effectively troubleshoot the problem of Windows 10 HP laptop wifi not working.
- On your HP Windows 10 laptop, press the Windows key.
- Open the Device Manager from the Start Menu.
- Look for Network Adapters and expand its list.
- When you find the wireless network adapter that you use, right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
Important :- In the category of network adapters, in case you do not find your adapter, ensure that the hardware of the network adapter has not been disconnected. Or your device driver may not be able to plug. You can shut down your HP Windows 10 laptop. Then inspect the hardware connection. Finally, troubleshoot any issues you find.
- Choose the option of Delete the driver software for this device.
- The sixth step is to select Uninstall.
- Now, access the window of Device Manager. Check that the Network Adapters option has been highlighted.
- Now, move to the Action tab.
- You have to choose Scan for Hardware Changes.
- Now, exit the Device Manager.
- Start your HP laptop again.
- The last step is to connect your device to the internet. It will smoothly connect to the internet now.
You May Like: How To Connect Roku Tv To Wifi Without Remote Iphone
Third Solution: Forget Wireless Network On Your Hp Stream Then Reconnect
Forgetting your wireless network profile can be the key solution if the problem is caused by a corrupted network. It could be your own network if not other visible Wi-Fi networks on your computer. In Windows, you can delete a wireless network profile through these steps:
You can do the same actions to forget all other wireless networks in the list.
Alternatively, you can do the shortcut procedure which is through the command prompt. All you have to do is launch the command prompt then type netsh wlan show profiles in the command prompt.
For starters, to open the command prompt, launch the Start menu then click Run. On the box, you type cmd then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
A black screen with some lines of texts/characters and a blinking cursor that shows up is the command prompt. That is where you type in the recommended command line for Windows to execute.
How To Connect An Hp Desktop To A Wireless System
HP produces a full line of desktop computers designed for businesses, and most of them connect easily to a wired router or switch on local network. However, most HP computers do not have Wi-Fi adapters for connecting to a wireless router or network. Therefore, if you want to connect an HP desktop to the office wireless router, you must install a network adapter and configure it for your Wi-Fi network.
Don’t Miss: Can You Have Two Wifi Routers In One House
How To Add Wifi To Hp Laptop Windows 7
Here, we have defined a procedure in 9 steps to help you connect wifi on your HP Windows 7 laptop. As an overview, you can select View Network Status and Tasks in the Control Panel. The Connect to a Network option will help you in laying out the remaining steps.
- Go to Start.
- You can choose the option of connecting to the wifi network automatically if you wish to.
- FIll in the Security Key and then press Ok.
Important :- You will require the Security Key for this method. In case you do not know what the Security Key is, you can go to the Jetpack screen. You can also go to the Administration Page. There you will find the key easily.
- Now, wifi will have been added to your laptop. Open a page from your web browser to check if the connection was successfully made.
This blog supplied you with enough fixes and methods to ensure that the wifi properly works and connects to your HP laptop with Windows 10 and Windows 7. We are hoping the problem of your HP laptop not connecting to wifi has been resolved by now. If you have any suggestions for this blog, then do mention them to us with a comment. Well be happy to take them into account.
We have another great post for you! Fix HP printer offlinestatus now with our pro solutions.
A Guide On Why Hp Laptop Keeps Losing Wi
The first and foremost important thing to find the solution is to know the exact problem. Because without knowing what type of problem has occurred that is disconnecting your HP laptop from the Wi-Fi, you wont be able to solve it.
Therefore, in this regard, your laptop or other relative hardware might have some of these common problems that cause Wi-Fi disconnection issues.
- Missing or outdated Adapter driverYour laptop might have a corrupted, outdated, or missing Adapter driver that can cause your HP or other laptop Wi-Fi/ Network interruption or disconnect.
- Wi-Fi driver compatibilityThe Wi-Fi driver installed on your laptop might not be compatible with the OS that you are using, this also causes Wi-Fi interruption or disconnection.
- Any Third-party antivirus programThere might be third-party software running for keeping your laptop free from malware and viruses but it doesnt do the job perfectly. This can cause your laptop to have viruses and ultimately, this might disturb you with the Wi-Fi disconnecting problem.
- Some troubleshooting problems.
- Maybe the Wireless button is turned off.
- Your Windows needed to be upgraded or reinstalled or some other issues.
But dont worry, I will cover up everything inside this blog post and will provide you the solution for each as youd come to know what to do in a specific type of case.
Also Check: Can You Have Two Wifi Routers In One House