Local Area Network Dvr Viewer Access
The Integrated Remote Station allows you to access your security cameras locally on your netork as well as remotely over the Internet. Before proceeding with remote Internet access, it is a good idea to test out local access first. Also if you do plan on using the DVR viewer / Integrated Remote Station from on the same network as your DVR, you will get much better performance using your network’s local IP address
First Here Are Some Of The Benefits Of Connecting Your Dvr To Your Network
How Do I Connect My Lorex Camera To My Phone
Connecting to Your System on Android
You May Like: Optimum How To Change Wifi Password
Cannot Connect Using Stratus Connectivity
- Lorex system is not connected to router. Connect an Ethernet cable from the Lorex system’s LAN or Ethernet port to your router, and turn your system on and off. If you still can’t connect, the Ethernet cable might be damaged. Try a different Ethernet cable.
- Latest firmware is not installed on Lorex system OR latest client software is not installed on computer or mobile device. You must have the latest firmware version and software or mobile app installed to connect to your system. Your system will prompt you for firmware updates automatically if it is connected to the Internet. The system will restart during the firmware upgrade process. DO NOT disconnect the power cable or turn off the unit during firmware upgrades.You can download the latest versions of client software from the product page for your system and you can download the latest mobile apps from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Password not correctly entered in app. Ensure you are using the correct password when connecting to your system. The first time you connect to your system, enter the default password specified in the Quick Start Guide. The system prompts you to create a personal password, which you will use to connect to the system from now on. If you forget the password for the system, contact Lorex Technical Support for assistance.
How Can I Use My Cell Phone As A Security Camera
Further reading: Find new uses for that old Android phone or iPhone.
Read Also: Blink Camera Password Reset
Cannot Connect Using A Mobile Device
- Internet setup has not been completed. See the steps above for “Cannot connect over the Internet” to troubleshoot Internet setup.
- The system’s local IP address is being used from outside internal network. A system’s local IP address can only be used to access devices on the same network. Use the DDNS address to connect to the system over the Internet using a mobile application.
- The router is blocking DDNS connection from internal network. Some routers will block this type of connection. Turn off your WiFi connection and attempt to connect to the system’s DDNS address using your 3G or mobile network. If you need to use WiFi, use the system’s local IP address to connect from inside the same local network as the system.
What Do I Need To Install Security Cameras
A security system from Lorex includes everything you need to get your system up and running right out of the box. Each camera includes the necessary parts to connect and mount your cameras.
Common household tools, such as drills, screwdrivers, and a ladder are also typically required for installation of security cameras, or for making final adjustments and positioning.
Recommended Reading: Reset Blink Outdoor Camera
How Far Can A Wireless Camera Transmit
far can a Wireless Camera Transmitwireless camerawireless camera
How to view your IP camera remotely via a web browser
Is The Lorex Lh041 Series A Wireless Dvr
The Lorex LH041 Series DVR connects to our new 720p HD wireless security cameras for the perfect blend of wireless convenience with the high-capacity storage and powerful performance of a DVR. A high-capacity security-grade HDD is pre-installed, allowing you record days of footage as lifelike as life itself.
Read Also: How To Setup Internet On Sony Bravia Tv
Different Types Of Home Security Cameras
There are a few different ways to approach the different types of security cameras, either by location, where you put them in your home or business, by power, how they receive power, by connectivity, whether they require Wi-Fi, landline, cellular or battery backup, by the way, they record footage or by their shape.
Most people will start their search for a security camera by location: where do you want to monitor? If you live in an apartment, you probably only need indoor cameras, but those with front and back yards can benefit from outdoor cameras and video doorbells, as well.
- Indoor Cameras: Indoor cameras, which typically cost around $100, should be placed on the ground level of your home at the very least. Avoid private areas like bathrooms or bedrooms, but cover any area thats easily accessible, like a front hallway, or any area thats central to your home, like a living room. Indoor cameras are more likely to be plug-in than outdoor cameras, which may not be near an outlet. However, we recommend getting cellular backup for plug-in cameras so that they stay on even if the power does not.
How will your camera get power, through a battery or from a wall outlet? This is an essential question to ask yourself before purchasing a camera, and it may come down to your personal preference, with pros and cons for each type.
Finally, you may want to pick a camera based on its shape, with different shapes working best in different spaces.
Our Product & Service
All our packages include the products, full cabling, installation, and configuration. We also provide 2 years product warranty, 1st-year service warranty, and free lifetime technical support. Additionally, ceiling and wall mount installation are given for maximum coverage of the area.
We provide a variety of famous brands in CCTV industry, such as Hikvision, Dahua, Avtech, Vstarcam, SAFEVue, and more. We ensure top quality and high service standard to serve our customer better.
You may contact us to let us know your requirements and your site condition so we can provide you the professional consultation on CCTV camera system. You can also request an obligation free site survey, our installer will visit your place and discuss with you on site.
Don’t Miss: Do Southwest Flights Have Wifi
Why Are Some Of My Lorex Cameras Not Working
Loss of power is the most common reason why security cameras go black. It happens when power adapter is disconnected and cable that connect the camera to the recorder and monitor becomes loose and faulty. To fix the issue, we recommend that you check any point of contact on your camera, recorder, and monitor.
What Should I Do If I Forget My Lorex Password
The first time you connect to your system, enter the default password specified in the Quick Start Guide. The system prompts you to create a personal password, which you will use to connect to the system from now on. If you forget the password for the system, contact Lorex Technical Support for assistance. The IP address is entered incorrectly.
Check your DVR manual for information on how to find the IP address, web port, or HTTP port. Lorex system is not connected to router. Connect an Ethernet cable from the Lorex systems LAN or Ethernet port to your router, and turn your system on and off. If you still cant connect, the Ethernet cable might be damaged.
Recommended Reading: Blink Sync Module 2 Reset Button
Why Is My Night Owl Not Connecting To My Phone
Make sure your recorder and your Smart Device are both properly connected to the Internet. NOTE: Please make sure your Smart Device is connected to the same local network as the recorder. Your Smart Device must have the latest version of the Night Owl HD App downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Do You Need Nvr For Ip Camera
Without DVR or NVR, IP cameras can still work independently as standalone surveillance devices, just like the security cameras with SD card. For advanced IP camera, like the ones sold by Vstarcam, it can be quite easy to set up your IP cameras without DVR or NVR for live viewing and video recording.
You May Like: Does My Southwest Flight Have Wifi
Motion Smart Motion & Face Detection
Set motion and face detection preferences. This section includes setup of person and vehicle detection.
To configure motion:
a. Select the channel you would like to configure.b. Click Enable.c. Click Setup next to Area to set an active area for motion detection. See Figure 1 below for details.d. Click Setup next to Schedule to set the weekly schedule for motion detection. See Figure 2 below for details.
e. Set preferences for how the system reacts to motion detection events.f. Click Smart Motion Detection to enable person and vehicle detection. See Figure 3 below for details.g. Click Apply to save changes.
- The camera image appears with a red grid overlay. This means the entire image is enabled for motion detection.
- Hover near the top of the image to reveal zone selection. You can set up to 3 different zones with different sensitivity and threshold values.
- Right-click when finished.
- The default schedule, shown in Figure 2, is active at all times.
- Click Modify to change the schedule for the corresponding day of the week.
- Click OK when finished.
- Click Enable to allow detection of people and vehicles on the selected channel.
- Select a Sensitivity level .
- Check Person and/or Vehicle.
a. Select the channel you would like to configure.
c. Press Select to set the desired area for face detection.
It Is Always A Good Idea To Monitor The Main Entrances Of Your Property You May Also Want To Monitor Any Side Doors Or Large First Floor Windows That An Intruder Could Gain Access Through Other Locations Are Up To You These Could Include Garages Basements Or Any Areas Where Objects Of Value Are Located Such As A Safe When Installing Security Cameras Lorex Always Recommends Placing Cameras Up High This Provides A Wider Field Of View And Protects Them From Being Easily Tampered With
How long does it take to receive my Lorex order?
The delivery time of our standard shipping process averages between 5 to 8 business days. Expedited options are available for a faster shipping time. All orders are shipped by UPS. “In stock” items will typically be shipped within one business day. Items on back order may take additional time to ship.
How much is shipping?
Lorex offers free shipping on orders over $50. For all expedited mail services, the cost will be calculated upon entering your country, city and postal / zip code.
Where can I find the model and serial numbers?
Every Lorex security camera and recorder will have a model number and a serial number. These are typically found on the reverse side of the recorder or security camera. DVR / NVR serial numbers will be displayed either above or below the barcode, starting with M/N:*****. Likewise, the model number of each security camera will be displayed as Model No:*****.
Do Lorex systems come with a warranty?
Every Lorex product can be returned within 30 days of delivery. Every product also includes a one-year warranty. This warranty covers both defective products and parts. If your product is deemed defective by us, you will be eligible to receive a replacement of the product .
How many cameras can I connect to my DVR / NVR?
Is there a fee for the firmware update?
No, all firmware updates are free of charge.
Don’t Miss: Blink Sync Module Lights