How To Pair Your Roku Enhanced Remote
To connect your Roku device to an enhanced remote, insert new batteries in the remote. Then turn your Roku device on and place the remote near your device. This will start the pairing process. You will also see on-screen prompts, after which your remote will be ready to use.
If you tried to pair your Roku remote with either of the methods above, and neither of them worked, you might have to reset your remote. Heres how:
Set Up Roku Stick Without Remote: Connect It Through Wi
If you want to connect the Roku streaming stick to WiFi without a remote, then you can simply follow the guidelines below. However, you can also do this using a mobile hotspot.
Before you start with the steps, make sure that you two mobile phones in your hand and the Roku app is installed on both of the devices. Furthermore, check out the steps provided in the below section.
- Open the Settings of your phone and tap on the Mobile Hotspot option.
- On the Mobile Data Usage Status option, click on Ok.
- Now, you have to enter the Security key and the SSID as well as other Wi-Fi network information which is saved in your Roku device and then Continue.
- Also, you have to make sure that you have saved the settings by clicking on Save. Then activate the Mobile Hotspot by pressing OK.
- Take the second phone and then connect it to the Mobile Hotspot.
- Followingly, open the Roku App on the second mobile. Then click on the Remote icon which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- And now you have to turn on the Roku device and click on the Network Settings window on it.
- You can opt to change the Network Settings for matching the new Wi-Fi network that you want to connect to.
- Lastly, you have to turn off the Mobile Hotspot on the phone. After that, choose to connect to the network used by Roku.
How To Connect Roku Tv To App Using The Mobile Hotspot
The Roku player and app must be connected to the new WiFi network using the same name and password as the old Wi-Fi network.Then, on a different device, download the Roku app and join the hotspot.
- Use just one smartphone to create a mobile hotspot. You may do this by using a Windows or Mac computer, laptop, smartphone, or other mobile device with a built-in hotspot capability. A step-by-step instruction may be needed to setup and configure a hotspot on any device.
- Use the same name and password for your hotspot that you used for the previous network to which your Roku device was connected. Set up the hotspot with the same name and password as your friends WiFi network as soon as you can.
- Afterwards, youll have to link the device up to the hotspot. This is the device on which you will put the Roku app youve just purchased.
Connect Roku to WiFi without Remote will be possible in this manner.
Read Also: Find Out Wifi Password Mac
S To Using A Roku Device Without A Remote
1. First of all download and install a Roku app and then launch it on the device.
2. Moving on, go to the settings of the device and select a remote option. With the help of this remote tab, you can control the app, use it accordingly to explore through the channels just like a real remote.
3. After all the settings, connect the Roku device with a remote application.
4. Note that, you can only connect the Roku device with an online remote if the smartphone and device both are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection.
And hence thats how you can access the Roku device even after losing the password. However, if you face connecting Roku device with an online remote or any other doubt, you can contact the customer care team of Roku.
How To Connect Roku To New Wifi Without Remote
Roku is a digital media player that allows streaming content from various online services. Once it gets connected to the internet, you can access a lot of channels. Every Roku comes with remote control. Luckily, the Roku device can be controlled without a remote by using the Roku mobile app. You can also easily connect the Roku to new WiFi without using a remote. The following article gives you detailed information about how to change your Rokus WiFi network without the remote.
- SSID and Password of WiFi network which Roku device was previously connected
Recommended Reading: How To Improve Wifi In Basement
Connect Using Roku App
This method requires that you download the Roku app on your smartphone. The app is available on the Google play store for Android users and the Apple Store for iOS devices.
It is, however, essential to know that this method only works when your smartphone that has the Roku app is connected to the same WiFi network as the Roku device. You must ensure that your mobile phone and the Roku TV are connected to the same WiFi network. Once you do that, follow these steps
If your mobile device is android, go to the google play store to download the Roku app. You might need to use the search icon to get the app faster. Check the Apple store if your device is iOS.
There are so many third-party Roku apps. Ensure you get the official one from Roku.
Open the app and follow the series of programmed instructions. If it is your first time using the app, agree to the terms and conditions. Explore the tutorials. After this, click on Devices, you will see your Roku device at the bottom of the screen.
However, if it is your first time using the app, you will need to click OK to allow the app to search for devices around.
Identify your device and click on it. Click on the Remote Icon on your screen. The remote icon is a cross sign labeled Remote. Once you click it, you will be able to control the Roku TV using the mobile app on your smartphone.
Worried About How To Connect Roku To Wifi Without Remote Simple Guide 2021
Want to know the way for connecting your Roku to a Wifi without a remote? Worried that now that you have lost your remote you cannot connect your device to a wifi connection? Well, worry not! There are other ways you can use to connect your roku device to a wifi without the remote.
How to Connect your Roku to a WiFi without a Remote ? Its simple. Ensure you have an Android gadget and a decent Internet connection to connect the Roku device to Wi-Fi without a remote.
To read more about what type of remote your Roku device uses, read here.
Recommended Reading: How To Use Pokemon Go Without Wifi
Set Up A Mobile Hotspot
Before proceeding, note that not all mobile plans include mobile hotspot access. Be sure to check your wireless service plan before using the mobile hotspot option on your smartphone. You may end up paying additional service charges if it’s not included on your plan.
Though the below steps are for an Android phone, you’ll follow analogous steps for any other phone.
1. From the Settings menu on your phone, tap “Mobile Hotspot.”
2. Tap “Set up Mobile Hotspot” to open the Hotspot menu.
3. You will be prompted to continue to the next menu after seeing a notice about Mobile Data usage. Tap “Ok” to continue.
4. From the “Set up Mobile Hotspot” menu, add the Wi-Fi network information that is saved on your Roku device. Enter the network name and scroll down to enter the password.
5. Save your newly created mobile hotspot.
6. Review the settings and connection instructions before tapping “Ok” to activate the mobile hotspot.
How Do I Connect My Roku To A New Wifi Without Remote
To connect Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote, youll need to set up a mobile hotspot on one device, download the Roku app to use as a remote on another device, then use the Roku app to connect your Roku to the same mobile hotspot network.
How do I change the WiFi on my Roku without a remote? To use your Roku player without a remote, on your smartphone or tablet. Connect the device with the app to the same WiFi network as your Roku player. Then select Devices in the app and tap the remote icon.
How do I find my Roku IP address without WiFi or remote?
Also Check: Southwest Airtime Player App
Prerequisites Needed To Connect Roku To Wifi Without Remote
If you remember your WiFi name and password, you can create a mobile hotspot for your Roku device and use it as an access point for your Roku. However, you need the following things ready to accomplish the setup.
- Two mobile phones. One mobile phone will act as a remote and the other as a mobile hotspot.
- The mobile phone you want to use as a remote should have the Roku mobile app installed on the device.
- The name and password of the WiFi network that is saved on your Roku.
Once youve got all the above things ready, you will have to follow the process described in the following sections.
Two Types Of Roku Remote
There are two types of Roku remote controls: the standard infrared remote, which requires a direct line of sight with the Roku player and the enhanced point anywhere remote. Youll know you have an IR remote if you dont see a pairing button in the battery compartment.
On the other hand, the enhanced remotes usually have a headphone jack, a microphone button, or other features.
Read Also: How To Connect Canon Mx492 Printer To Wifi
A Useful Piece Of Knowledge
Losing your Roku remote willcertainly be a problem especially if youre trying to connect to a new network.Being able to do this by using a workaround is a useful piece of knowledge tohave
Do you have any other tips on howto connect the Roku to a Wi-Fi network without a remote? Share your thoughts inthe comments section below.
Follow The Simple Steps To Connect Roku To Wifi Without Remote
Connecting Roku to Wifi
For the users who have a query on How To Connect Roku To Wifi Without Remote, here are some simple steps that they can follow.
- First, the user is required to launch the Settings app and tap on Mobile Hotspot option.
- Further, the user is required to activate Mobile Hotspot service and tap on OK to confirm.
- If the Roku device or app is using the same network then, the app can easily control the device.
- Besides, you are required to confirm that the Roku app is connected to the same network.
- Now, launch the Roku app and tap on the remote icon.
- Once the remote is launched, you can easily connect your Roku app to the Wifi.
Also Check: Can You Have Two Wifi Routers In One House
How To Connect The Roku Device Using Mobile Hotspot
Before getting straight into the procedure, it is important to note that not all mobile plans include mobile access. Ensure to check your wireless service plan before using the mobile hotspot access. Using a mobile hotspot for Roku Connect can be done with these simple steps mentioned below. After unlocking your mobile, go to the settings option.
- Unlock your phone and go to Settings
- Select the OK option and then add the Wi-Fi network name and choose the Security mode as WPA2 PSK.
- Save the Mobile Hotspot you have created. Activate the hotspot in the final step.
- The next step is to download the Roku app on your phone from the Google Play Store app
- Open the app on your device after installing it and press the Remote icon available at the bottom of the screen.
- Further, press the remote icon available at the bottom of the screen. Use the keys available.
- Go to the Settings menu and find your wireless network and enter the passcode correctly, and the device will be connected to the Internet to Connect Roku to Wifi without a Remote.
Setting Up The Mobile Hotspot
Before you proceed to turn your mobile phone into a mobile hotspot, make sure that your wireless service offer includes mobile hotspot access. This is because not all mobile phone plans accommodate this feature.
If your plan is exclusive of this feature, you might have to pay additional costs to set up the mobile hotspot.
With that ensured, follow the following steps:
With this, youre halfway across the process to connect Roku to WiFi without a remote. Lets move over to the next half.
Also Check: How To Connect Canon Mx492 Printer To Wifi
How To Solve The Roku Wifi Connection Issue
In case your Roku Device is unable to connect to your home router or there is an interrupted internet connection then you might face hindrances in setting up your device. You might not be able to launch channels if your network or internet connection is lost as soon as your device is set up.
- Switch on the power on your Roku Device and connect the power cord with the wall outlet
- Make sure to choose the correct wireless network name and provide the correct password
- Now your router will allow access to the internet
- Select –> Network–> Check connection. Now it will check the connection status and measures the speed of the connection.
How To Pair A Roku Remote Or Reset It
A Roku player lets you stream thousands of movies and TV episodes on your TV. But you wont be able to stream any content if theres something wrong with your remote control. If youre having problems with your Roku remote, heres how to pair it or reset it, no matter what type of remote you have.
You May Like: What Wifi Extender Works Best With Spectrum