How To Connect Roku To Wifi Without Remote Using An Ethernet Cable
The Ethernet cable is the best for this purpose. You can connect your Roku device with an Ethernet cable or an adapter to your router using an Ethernet cable.
If you have an Ethernet cable, try connecting your Roku device directly to your router using an Ethernet cable. Otherwise, you can also use an adapter available at a nearby computer shop or mobile/internet shop, etc. So follow the steps below to connect the Roku device with an Ethernet cable.
- Follow the directions for connecting Roku devices through the USB connection described above.
- Make sure that your router is set to DHCP. If it is not, please go to the routers settings page and change it.
- Connect your device with an Ethernet cable to the router.
How To Connect Roku To Xfinity Wifi
Roku is simple to connect to Xfinity WIFI. To sign in, launch the Xfinity Channel app from the Roku Channel and select Sign In. A code will appear on your Roku device. You can now proceed by entering this code on the screen.
The beta version of the Xfinity TV app for Roku is now online. It enables customers to view live and on-demand TV and also cloud DVR archives without the need for a set-top box. Alternatively, customers may use their Xfinity login credentials to view the material via the Roku app. The beta software is free to download. The firm will start charging a subscription fee for extra outlets following its formal debut later this year.
The Procedure Of Connecting Roku To Wifi With The Utilization Of A Mobile Hotspot
First, as a user, you are required to ensure that you have an active wireless service plan where your mobile hotspot can be utilized to bypass the additional service charges.
The below-mentioned steps can be followed to connect Roku to WiFi without a remote with the utilization of a mobile hotspot for Android devices. The rest of all the other devices follow various analogous steps.
Step 1: Firstly, a user is required to open the Hotspot menu, which they can accomplish through tapping Mobile Hotspot and Set Up Mobile Hotspot consecutively.
Step 2: Secondly, you may press on the Ok button when you are directed to continue to the next menu. This prompt comes after receiving a bonus about Mobile Data usage.
Step 3: The WiFi network information is saved on your Roku device, which you just require to add from the Set-Up Mobile Hotspot menu. Then you can gradually insert the network name and password.
Step 4: After concluding the step, you will be necessitated to save the freshly created Mobile Hotspot.
Step 5: Finally, you can activate the Mobile Hotspot by pressing Ok after reviewing the settings and connection instructions.
The Procedure of Utilizing Your Mobile Device like a Roku Remote
When the device and the application utilize a similar network, The Roku application can control and manage the Roku device. Here the mobile device and the Roku app must remain on a similar network.
The steps are respectively
Step 1: First, launch the Roku application.
Recommended Reading: How To Change Optimum Wifi Name And Password
Why Is My Hotspot Not Showing Up On My Wifi
If Personal Hotspot is not available or not working on your wireless plan, check that your wireless carrier has enabled the function or has a wireless plan supporting it. If your iPhone or iPad currently includes Personal Hotspot and needs to connect to it, restart it. You need to make sure to follow the latest version of iOS.
Why Use Roku With A Hotspot
There are many reasons why someone would want to use a Roku with a hotspot. The most obvious is for travel purposes, for example, youre somewhere that doesnt have a strong Wi-Fi or none at all.
Cellular networks usually have very good coverage and you can access data even when youre out in the boonies camping or whatnot.
The second reason could be your internet is either slow or has data limits while your cellular plan offers unlimited and faster speeds. There are some countries where Wi-fi and other internet connections are notoriously slow while the mobile networks are fast.
Granted, that works best when your phone has unlimited data plans. You dont want to be streaming HD media on limited data plans!
So if youre in a situation like the ones mentioned here, youll be happy to know the Roku works with hotspot, and you can continue streaming your favorite online shows.
Don’t Miss: Spectrum Network Extender
How To Connect Roku To Wifi Using A Mobile Hotspot
Before proceeding, note that not all mobile plans include mobile hotspot access. Be sure to check your wireless service plan before using the mobile hotspot option on your smartphone. You may end up paying additional service charges if it’s not included on your plan.
Though the below steps are for an Android phone, you’ll follow analogous steps for any other phone.
1. From the Settings menu on your phone, tap “Mobile Hotspot.”
2. Tap “Set up Mobile Hotspot” to open the Hotspot menu.
Michelle Greenlee/Business Insider
Tap “Set up Mobile Hotspot.”
3. You will be prompted to continue to the next menu after seeing a notice about Mobile Data usage. Tap Ok to continue.
4. From the “Set up Mobile Hotspot” menu, add the WiFi network information that is saved on your Roku device. Enter the network name and scroll down to enter the password.
Michelle Greenlee/Business Insider
Type in the information for your desired WiFi network.
5. Save your newly created Mobile Hotspot.
6. Review the settings and connection instructions before tapping Ok to activate the Mobile Hotspot.
Use the Roku mobile app as a remote with one of two layouts.
The Roku app can control a Roku device as long as the device and the app are using the same network. Be sure your mobile device is connected to the same network as the Roku .
1. Launch the Roku app.
2. Tap the Remote icon at the bottom of the screen to open the remote.
Consider Some Things Before Connecting Roku To Wifi
Here we are going to show you some things that you have to consider before connecting Roku to wifi.
- Make sure that you know the name of your network and password.
- Your mobile device must contain the mobile hotspot option so that you can create a wifi connection.
- Keep your smartphone device ready to make a connection.
- Keep in mind that you have to download the Roku application on your mobile device.
Recommended Reading: How To View Your Wifi Password On Mac
How To Update Wifi Settings On A Roku Without A Remote
1. Connect a second mobile device to the mobile hotspot, then launch the Roku app.
2. Using the Roku mobile app as a remote, go to the Network settings in your Roku device.
Michelle Greenlee/Business Insider
Select “Network” under Roku’s settings.
3. Change the network settings to match the new WiFi network you want the Roku to use.
4. Toggle off the Mobile Hotspot on your phone and connect it to the new WiFi network you just used for the Roku.
5. Use the Roku mobile app remote as you would the original hardware remote.
Can You Connect Your Roku Stick Xfinity Hotspot
Yes, you can connect your Roku Stick Xfinity Hotspot. When youre away from family and friends, Hotel & Dorm Connect lets you watch your beloved movies and series through a hotel or college dorms internet service. Logging on to a network connection necessitates using a web browser.
Nevertheless, you may authorize the link for your Roku device from your laptop or phone using Hotel & Dorm Connect. This will let you connect with a hotspot. Here are the topmost steps to connect your Roku Stick Xfinity Hotspot:
- To begin, youll need to have your Roku device that has been activated, as well as any peripheral cords, a charger adapter, and remote control.
- Your Roku device may have been unplugged for a lengthy amount of time at times. So, before you go, attach it to your local network and let it automatically check for software updates.
- Youll also need an internet browser and a PC or cellphone with WIFI capability. You will also require a High-Speed HDMI Cable.
- To begin the link, go to the Options menu on your Roku device.
- To get started, click the home button on your Roku remote. Select Settings by scrolling up or down.
- Set up the connection by selecting a network.
- Select WIFI and from the list of available connections, select the appropriate link. If the network isnt shown, repeat the scan to view all connections.
- Select I am in a hotel or college dorm after your Roku has connected to the network.
Read Also: How To Find Any Wifi Password On Mac
To Connect Roku To Wifi Without Remote
Here we have a working method to add wifi to Roku tv without remote. To make it easy to understand, we are splitting the complete process into two different sections. In this trick, we will use two phones. First for creating a hotspot and second for Roku app. By connecting both the devices to the same wifi network, we can use our mobile phone as roku tv remote.
Follow the steps properly and then apply it to connect Roku device to wifi internet without remote.
Do A Power Reset/restart
If your Roku device is having trouble connecting to the internet, you might need to restart it. There are two ways you can do this: Make sure you unplug both ends of the wire from the Roku device and wait for a few seconds before plugging it back in. This will clear the memory of your device and will help resolve issues with your network connection.
If youre using a Roku streaming stick, simply unplug it from the back of your television. Then do the same with the power cord. Next, reboot the Roku device by pressing the power button for five seconds. Afterward, press it again until the device turns off completely. Then plug it back in to your TV and wait for it to boot up before trying to stream again.
Also Check: Can You Have 2 Wireless Routers In One House
Connect Roku To Wifi Without Remote Using Mobile Hotspot
1) On your Smartphone, go to the Settings menu and click on Mobile Hotspot.
2) Next, click on Set up Mobile Hotspot to open the Hotspot menu.
3) Now, you will be prompted to continue to the menu, click on Ok to continue.
4) Change the WiFi name and password like the old WiFi used on the Roku device.
5) And change the security to WPA1 PSK.
6) Now, turn on the mobile hotspot, and the Roku device will recognize the mobile hotspot as a home WiFi network.
7) And your Roku device will connect to the hotspot automatically.
8) Now, leave your phone aside, dont do anything with that.
How To Resolve Error Code Rge1001
If there is connectivity, then the spectrum error code RGE1001 occur on your Roku device.
Step1:- Firstly, try to uninstall or reinstall the spectrum on your Roku device.
Step2:- Long press on the spectrum and choose to uninstall and wait to complete the uninstallation process.
Step3:- Now reinstall the spectrum app on the device from the app store.
Step4:- Try to connect to the spectrum after completing the reinstallation process.
Now check if the error code RGE1001 get solved or not.
Also Check: How To Have Two Routers On One Network
How To Solve The Roku Wifi Connection Issues
If there is no proper connection between your Roku device and your home network, then there will be some network issues. You have to check all the power cords connect to the wall. Below are the steps to solve the Roku wifi connection issues.
Step1:- Firstly, connect the power cord to the outlet and power on your Roku device.
Make sure that the Roku device and your pc connects to the same network.
Step2:- Read the error and solve it because each code donates a problem.
The error message will appear on the screen showing unable to the wireless network.
Step3:- Select the correct network name and password.
Step4:- Now your router will access the network.
Step5:- Try to put your Roku device near the wireless network to enhance the signal strength.
Step6:- Now visit the settings menu on your Roku device if you want to check the internet connection.
Step7:- Select the network in the settings menu.
It will check the connection status and its speed.
Step8:- Restart your Roku device if the problem continues.
Below are the steps to restart your Roku device.
Step1:- Go to the settings.
Step2:- Select the system to restart your Roku device.
Step3:- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
However, you can contact your technical support team if the issues do not resolve. Moreover, you can connect your router and the device with the help of the ethernet cable if it contains any ethernet port.
How To Connect Your Roku Device To Wifi Without A Remote
Not all is lost if you’ve lost your Roku remote.
- There’s a way to connect your Roku device to a new WiFi network without a remote, though it involves a number of steps and requires two mobile devices.
- The Roku mobile app works well as a replacement remote once your phone and Roku device are once your on the same network.
- Your phone’s Mobile Hotspot can stand in for the network saved on your Roku to allow you to connect the device to a new network, but you’ll need another mobile device to act as your remote.
Newer Roku models, save for the top-of-the-line Roku Ultra, use WiFi exclusively to connect to a network. This is fine if you have your remote handy when you use the device on a different network . Connecting to a new network without a remote can be tricky, however.
Assuming you know the WiFi network name and password saved on the device, you can set up a mobile hotspot on your phone to create a WiFi access point for your Roku, as Reddit user mclassy3 points out.
You’ll need two mobile devices to accomplish the task of connecting and navigating with the Roku app. You will use one to act as the mobile hotspot, and another to use as the remote.
Be sure you have the free Roku mobile app installed on the phone or tablet you plan to use as the remote before you begin. The app is available for Android and iOS devices.
Read Also: How Do Portable Hotspots Work
How Do I Connect My Roku To Wi
Roku has an app on both the iOS App Store and Android Google Play that allows you to use your smartphone as a remote. This way, you can still use your Roku device to connect to Wi-Fi.
In the bottom middle of the screen in the menu, tap on Remote.
Make sure the remote is connected to the correct Roku device. You should see the name of the Roku at the top, with a green dot if it’s connected.
Tap on the Home icon, then use the directional arrow pad on the app to navigate to Settings > Network > Set up connection on your Roku.
Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Wi-Fi connection.