How To Get Neighbors Wifi Password
Ive had several friends ask me the same question. How to hack into your neighbors WiFi network or a public WiFi network without them knowing. Is it really possible? Well, before we go into hacking into your neighbors WiFi network, you got to know these things.
1. Thou shalt not steal.
2. It is illegal to hack into any WiFi network without the owners permission.
3. Remember.Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbors .
4. If you still want to hack, remember that decisions have consequences. Your neighbor may not be as nice a person as you. He might be a better hacker or could do something terribly wrong if he knew you hacked into his WiFi network.
Find Wifi Password On Iphone Using Router Settings
For this method to work, you will need to find the Wifi router IP address and then log into the routers settings. If you do log in successfully, you should be able to view the Wifi password. While the method sounds complicated, it is not. To learn how to see Wifi password on iPhone using this method, follow the simple steps we have outlined below:
Step 1: On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Settings app and then navigate to Wifi. Locate the name of the Wifi whose password you would like to view and then tap the i icon next to the name.
Step 2: In the router section, highlight and copy the IP address.
Step 3: Go back to the Home page and locate Safari. Launch the webbrowser and paste the IP address copied in step 2 above in the address bar. HitEnter. A login panel page should appear.
Step 4: Use your routers default username and password to log in. Thedefault username and password are usually admin. If admin failsto work for you, try to search online for the default password and username forthe router. You can try searching default password and username for router model.
Step 5: After logging in successfully, visit Wireless Setup/Wireless Settings to view the current Wifi password.
Note: This method does not always work. For example, if the network administrator has already changed the default settings, username, and password, this method will not help you find Wifi password on iPhone.
How To Find Router Username & Password When You Have Access To It
This is the easiest and most common case if you can walk into the room where the router is, the login username and password should all be on the back of the router on a sticker you can easily check.
Heres an example of a typical sticker on the back of the router with login details:
We assume that in most cases people searching this query are looking for the username and password to actually log in to the router and change settings. However, well also cover the router Wi-Fi name and password as well, which is different.
What you need to use depends on what you need to do:
1. To connect to the routers Wi-Fi network and use the internet Then you need to note down the Wi-Fi name/network name/username/SSID on the sticker on the router, plus the Wi-Fi password/key/PIN . On the sticker above, these are the two details at the top. Find the router SSID on the list of networks on your device, click to connect and enter the wireless password as noted.
2. To log in to the routers settings Then you need to note down router login IP, username and password/PIN. On the sticker above, these are the three details circled at the bottom. Again they will be called slightly different things on different routers, but its usually easy to figure out which details are for Wi-Fi/wireless and which are for router logins. See the section further below for how to login to the router if you need to.
Also Check: How To Change Wifi On Blink Mini Camera
How To Find A Wifi Password With A Mac
To find your WiFi password on an iPhone, go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud and turn Keychain on. On your Mac, go to System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud and turn Keychain on. Finally, open Keychain Access, search for your WiFi networksname, and check the box next to Show Password.
Note: These steps will only work if your Mac is signed in to your Apple ID. If you see another Apple ID is signed in, go to Overview > Sign Out. Then sign in with your Apple ID and password.
View Your Wifi Password On Mac
Many users continue to use the same WiFi Password that was initially setup during installation of Router/Modem by the service provider.
If you are like most users, you may have lost or misplaced the paper or the file in which you had noted down the Password for your WiFi Network.
Luckily, Mac keeps WiFi Passwords stored in its memory and you will find below three easy methods to view the stored WiFi Password on Mac.
Recommended Reading: Delta Sky Club Wifi
Apps That Can Hack Wifi Networks
And please, DO NOT download any application on the app store, if they claim to hack into WiFi networks. None of them will. If they can, they wont be listed in the app store in the first place .
What most of these app does is, it will either contain malware and put you in risk, sniffing our your own data OR it would just be a dummy app that pretends to hack in by just entering random passwords.
Finding Wifi Password In Android
This method needs a rooted Android device with the free app ES File Explorer installed on it. Follow these simple steps to recover your WiFi password:
- Open ES File Explorer. Now in the menu, go to Local, then tap on Select Device. Here ES File Explorer will ask for the Super User permission, click and allow it.
- Now open the folder named data and look for folder misc.
- Now open the folder wifi where you will spot a file named wpa_supplicant.conf.
- Open it as text and look for your WiFi name . Below the SSID, youll find your lost WiFi password .
So, this is how you can find out the password of the WiFi network that you are connected to on different devices. If you find the article on finding WiFi password of your current network helpful, let us know in comments below.
Also Check: Look Up Wifi Password On Mac
How To Find Your Wifi Network Password
Hat tip to Labnol.
In Windows,open the command prompt. In administrator mode, type cmd in the Run box, right-click the command prompt icon and choose Run as Administrator . Now enter the following command and hit enter to see the WiFi password.
netsh wlan show profile name=addyourwirelessSSIDhere key=clear
Remember to replace labnol with the name of your Wireless SSID . The password will show up under the Security Setting section.
If you would only like to see the password and not the other information, use the findstr command:
netsh wlan show profile name=placeyourwirelessSSIDhere key=clear | findstr Key
So, stop trying to hack, instead perhaps asking your neighbor to share his WiFi might be a better idea. You might actually make a good friend!
You may also like
Use Windows Settings To View Wifi Password
As I am the administrator of my PC and dont have any restrictions, this is my go-to method for finding the WiFi password.
From the Start menu, click on Settings and then click on Network & Internet.
In the Status section, scroll down and click on Network and Sharing Center.
Now click on your WiFi name in the View your active networks section.
When the WiFi Status window opens, click on Wireless Properties here.
Afterward, move to the Security tab and check the checkbox next to Show characters to view your WiFi password.
Also Check: Can I Have 2 Routers In One House
How To Find Your Wifi Password With Other Providers
If your router is managed by your internet service provider, they should know your wifi password. However, if you changed the password, you can take the following steps to retrieve it:
- Open a web browser and type your routers IP address into the address bar.
- Enter admin” for the username and password.
How To Access Wi Fi Password On Iphone
Wifi passwords secure a wireless internet network. When you connect your iPhone or iPad to a wi fi connection, the password and other credentials automatically get saved on your iPhone. However, once these details are saved on your phone, you can not see wi fi password just like that.
We would suggest that you try out the following methods as they will help you find iPhones wi fi password.
Also Check: How To Find Your Wifi Password Mac
How To See Your Wifi Password On Android 10 And Up
With phones running Android 10 and up, seeing your WiFi password is just as easy as sharing it. When you open up that screen that shows the QR code, you should see the password right underneath it.
Being able to see the password comes in handy if you have already signed into a WiFi network but then later need to connect using your laptop or another electronic device. Then you wont have to bug your host as long as youve previously signed into their WiFi on your phone.
On my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, I dont see the password typed out underneath the QR code. If this is the case for all Galaxy Ultra phones, you may need to use a QR code decoder like we mentioned above in order to read the password for the WiFi network youre trying to connect to.
How To Find Wifi Password On Windows Pc Or Laptop
There are different ways to know a WiFi password on a Windows-powered laptop or desktop. You can easily know the password of the WiFi network or router that you are currently connected to. In order to do that, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Start Menu and search for Network Status. Alternatively, Right Click on the WiFi symbol at the bottom right corner of the screen and click on Open Network & Internet Settings.
- Now click on the Change Adapter Options. A new window will pop-up that will show you the Wi-Fi connection.
- Double Click on the Wi-Fi and then click on Wireless Properties.
Once you do that, you will see two options Connection and Security. Go to Security and check the Show Characters box. With this, you will be able to see the password of the WiFi network or modem you are currently connected to.
Interestingly, there is also a way to know the password of the other saved networks on your Windows-powered device. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the Start Menu and type Command Prompt
- Run the following command: netsh wlan show profile
- You will see the list of all saved WiFi networks. Pick the network you want to know the password and then run the following command: netsh wlan show profile **** key=clear. .
- Once done, you will see the WiFi password of that particular network or modem under the Security Settings.
Don’t Miss: Blink Sync Module 2 Reset Button
Where Are Wi Fi Passwords On Iphone
Interestingly all passwords, including the wi fi password, are in iPhones key chain. The Key Chain is iPhones in-built password management unit. Susceptible data is placed in the Key chain system as well-encrypted information.
The entire data is secured and stored on the SQLite database of the file system. It is nearly impossible to access this data. Even if someone gains access to this information by a stroke of luck, it hardly makes any difference because the encrypted content can not be read.
If your Apple devices are using the same iCloud account, then the Keychain will be synchronized in all the devices.
App 1 Es File Explorer
To view Wi-Fi password saved on Android phone, you have to install ES File Explorer app on phone firstly. After installing ES File Explorer app, follow steps below.
Go to the root folder in ES File Explorer and find the directory called data.
- Go to data > misc > wifi folder and find a file named “wpa_supplicant.conf”.
- Open the “wpa_supplicant.conf” file and you can see the network SSID and the password net to it.
Find the network you want to know the password. Note that not edit the file or you will get Wi-Fi connection problems.
Related Read: How to Root Android with Tool
Also Check: Tirza Wilbon White
Find Wifi Password On Windows 10 With Command Prompt
Using Control Panel, you can only view the WiFi password for the network youre currently connected to. If you want to see your current password or saved WiFi networks stored on Windows 10, youll need to use Command Prompt. These steps will also work on PowerShell.
To see the WiFi passwords from saved networks on Windows 10, use these steps:
Search for Command Prompt, right-click the result, and select the Run as an Administrator option.
Type the following command to view a list of the WiFi networks your computer connected at one point in time and press Enter:
netsh wlan show profiles
Type the following command to determine the WiFi password for a particular network and press Enter:
netsh wlan show profile name="WiFi-Profile" key=clear
netsh show wireless password command
The password will the displayed in the Key Content field under Security settings.
Remember to change WiFi-Profile for the name of your current or saved network you want to see the password in the command.
The steps to find the WiFi password can always come in handy not only to help others to connect to the same network but when you need to reconnect after resetting your network connections.
We rely on your support. Consider contributing with the button below to keep bringing great content.