Add Each Other As Contacts
Wi-Fi password sharing wont work if you and the person youre trying to share the password with arent saved as Contacts that include your Apple ID email addresses.
To add a new contact, open the Contacts app and tap the plus button. Make sure to add the persons Apple ID email address by tapping add email. When youre finished, tap Done.
To update an existing contact, open Contacts and tap on the name of that contact. Tap Edit, then tap Add Email. Once youve added the email address, tap Done to save the updates.
How To Share Wifi Password Without Entering The Password
Make sure that your iPhone is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
Take the 2 iPhones close with each other. Then on the iPhone that needs the WiFi password, go to Settings and tap “WiFi”.
Choose the same Wi-Fi network and don’t enter the password whem prompted.
A pop-up window will appear on the iPhne that’s already connected, just tap “Share Password”. The other iPhone will fill in the password automatically and connect to the WiFi.
Get Started With Sharing Your Wifi Network On Your Apple Device
If you want to share your WiFi network without typing in long passwords, you have to go through a couple of steps:
Also Check: My Spectrum Self Install
How To Share Wifi Password From Mac To Iphone
There may be scenarios when you prefer to join the WiFi network using your Mac computer. In the following steps, we will now learn how to share WiFi password from Mac to iPhone. Lets get started!
Note: Before you get started, make sure that your Mac computer is connected to the WiFi network.
- On your iPhone, tap on WiFi.
- Select the WiFi network you want to connect to.
- Go to your Mac and click on the Share Password option.
This is how you can provide WiFi to the iPhone user without telling them your password. It is a safe and secure way to share your WiFi connection.
Bgenerate A Code On A Samsung Phone
Samsung uses a different interface, so we need slightly different instructions.
Step 1: Expand the Quick Settings menu and tap the gear icon to open the Settings app.
Step 2: Tap on the Wi-Fi option.
Step 3: Tap on Connections.
Step 4: Tap on the cog icon displayed next to your networks name.
Step 5: Tap on the QR Code tab displayed in the bottom left corner. The scannable QR code should now appear on your screen.
Read Also: Google Wifi Number
Contacts Only On Ios 11 Or Higher
This feature only works with devices in the Apple ecosystem, which means you can only share the password between two iOS 11 devices or between devices running iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra or higher.
If you have a friend with an Android device, just skip to the next option.
The first method for iOS to share WiFi passwords goes as follows:
- Make sure both of the devices have added each other in their contacts.
- Do this by going to the Contacts app and simply making a new contact.
- If youre unable to see it, try sending an iMessage to the recipients phone.
- To share your password, make sure youre already connected to the Wi-Fi network you want the other device to connect to.
- Open the Settings app and go to the Wi-Fi option on the device you want to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Tap on the network you want to connect the device to, and you should see the textbox to enter the password.
- Bring the two devices close to each other, Ideally right beside each other, but it should still work if youre in the same room.
- Wait for a few seconds, and youll see a Share Password button show up. As soon as you press it, the device will connect to the network. Do note that this is a bit slower on old iPhones.
You can share the password of your Wi-Fi from iOS 11 to macOS High Sierra with the same rules being applied. The mac device should be a contact on the iOS device.
How To Fix The Cant Share Wifi Password To Mac Error
If you are still unable to share the Wi-Fi password from one device to another, you can choose to try out these methods.
- Switch on the Bluetooth on both devices.
- Restart both Mac and iPhone to boot the devices.
- Unlock the sender device such as your iPhone and Mac.
- Make sure both the devices are closer to each other in order to build the connection.
- Check if or if not you have a contact card of both sender and receiver with their Apple IDs.
- Lastly, make sure to update the devices.
Also Check: Can You Have Two Routers In One House
How To Share Wifi From Your Iphone
Sharing WiFi from an iPhone with another Apple device means that you wont have to tell anyone your WiFi password. Previously, you would have to download a third-party app to do this. However, after iOS 11, Apple has made it easy to share a WiFi password from an iPhone to another iPhone, an iPad, or any Mac computer running macOS Sierra or later. Heres how to share your WiFi password on an iPhone:
Before you start, make sure your Apple ID is in the other persons contact list. You can find what your Apple ID is here. Then go to contacts, click Edit in the top right corner, and add your Apple ID under the contact names email address.
Share The Password And Connect To The Network
If the password request works, a “Wi-Fi Password” box will appear on the sharing device. It will ask, “Do you want to share the Wi-Fi password for ” with ?”
As soon as “Share Password” is selected on the prompt, the device will send the password over to the connecting device, and the prompt will change to “Complete: Successfully shared your Wi-Fi password.” Choose “Done” to exit.
Recommended Wi-Fi Router on Amazon: Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System
The password sent over from the sharing device will auto-fill in the password field on the connecting device. It’s not even necessary to select “Join” since it will do that for you. And that’s all there is to it.
It should go without saying that if you don’t trust the person asking permission to join a Wi-Fi network remembered by your device, close the request. While they won’t be able to see the password on their device, it may get stored in their Keychain, and they’ll be able to view it on their Mac. Also, this likely won’t work for some enterprise hotspots that use a RADIUS server for authentication.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
You May Like: Does Spectrum Have Wifi Extenders
Can You Check The Shared Wi
No. Even if you share a Wi-Fi password from your iPhone to a new iPhone, the new iPhone still cannot able to see, reveal or share the Wi-Fi network password now.
It is always an option if you do not want to share the Wi-Fi password to others directly.
Wi-Fi password not sharing? Here are the solutions.
How To Battery Share On Iphone 14
Charging your iPhone 14 wirelessly is more convenient than ever. But if you find yourself in a situation where you need to share your power with someone else, battery sharing is a great option.
Heres how to do it:
- Make sure both devices are turned on and unlocked.
- Place the two devices next to each other, back-to-back.
- Open the Control Center on both devices by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Tap and hold on to the battery icon.
- A menu will appear with the option to . Tap it.
- Follow the prompts to confirm that you want to share your battery power.
- Once the sharing is confirmed, the devices will start to share battery power. A notification will appear on both screens to show the current level of charge.
You can stop sharing battery power at any time by following the same steps and tapping Stop Sharing.
Read Also: Blink Camera Password Reset
S To Sharing Your Wifi Password From An Iphone To Android Phone
If you have an iPhone, you can forward your WiFi password to another iPhone in just a few steps. First, go to the WiFi setting of your iOS mobile device and select your WiFi network. Tap Share Password. Tap Done when finished.
Android devices also make it easy to share WiFi passwords. All you have to do is generate a QR code. First, navigate to the WiFi setting of your Android device. Select your WiFi network. Tap the Share button and authenticate it with your password or fingerprint scan. However, the QR code is available only with Android Q.
Now, how do you share a WiFi password from an iPhone to an Android device? Let us check out the steps below.
The basic step to sharing your WiFi password from your iPhone to an Android device is using a QR code. You need to download and install a reliable WiFi QR code app to create the QR code for your WiFi. Once generated, your friends can scan the code on their Android devices to connect.
- First, open the QR Code app on your iPhone.
- Choose Create or Add Code.
- Select your WiFi network and follow the steps to generate the QR code.
- Once done, your friends can scan the code on their Android devices.
Note that an Android device needs to have a QR reader to proceed with scanning of the QR code.
Two of the popular WiFi QR Code apps are Visual Codes and Qrafter. Were you able to share your WiFi password successfully from iOS to Android? We love to know your story! You can share it with us in the comment section below.
How To Share Wifi Password To Mac
Before looking at the steps, you need to be aware of the fact that this particular method only works from Mac to iPhone and vice versa. If you own an Android phone and hope to make things work out for you, sadly it is not yet possible. Here we go.
That is all you need to work on and follow in order to share WiFi passwords to Mac from your phone.
Don’t Miss: How To Mirror Iphone To Roku Tv Without Wifi
Requirements For Sharing Wi
- Make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on all the devices. On iOS/iPadOS, head over to Settings app -> Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and then turn on the toggles. On your macOS device, click on the Wi-Fi menu at the upper right corner of the screen and ensure that the toggle for Wi-Fi is turned on. Then, click the Bluetooth menu and make sure that the toggle for Bluetooth is enabled.
- Ensure that Personal Hotspot is turned off on both devices. To do so, head over to Settings app -> Personal Hotspot and then turn off the toggle.
- Be sure the email address you use for your Apple ID is saved in the other persons Contacts . Also, ensure that you have their email address saved in your Contacts.
- Its essential to keep the other persons device nearby .
- Make sure your iPhone and iPad are running the latest version of iOS/iPadOS and your Mac is running macOS High Sierra or later.
Tip 3 Make Sure Both Devices Are Up To Date
Apple made it possible to share a WiFi password along with the release of iOS 11. This means that the WiFi password sharing feature can only works on iPhones, iPads running iOS 11 or newer, and Macs running macOS High Sierra or later. In a word, both of the devices you want to share a WiFi password should be up to date.
On iPhones and iPads, go to Settings > General > Software Update to check if the iOS is already up to date. If a new update is available, click on “Download and Install”.
On Macs, click on the Apple logo in the top-left corner and go to About This Mac > Software Update. If a macOS update is available, click on “Upgrade Now”.
Don’t Miss: How To Show Password For Wifi On Mac
What To Do When Iphone Wifi Sharing Is Not Working
If youre having trouble sharing WiFi passwordbetween the devices, here are a few ways to make it work:
- Restart the iPhone and another device.
- Make sure that both devices have the most recent software updates. To update your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install. If you dont see the option to download and update, your iPhone is up to date.
- Disconnect from the WiFi connection and then rejoin. To do this, go to Settings > WiFi and tap on the network name. Tap the letter i icon and then tap Forget this Network. Once thats done, rejoin the network and enter the password.
- Reset the network settings on your iPhone. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Finally, try to reboot the router. If you want to know how to reset your router, check out our guide here.
Tip 10 Fix Iphone Not Sharing Wifi Password Without Data Loss
To tell the truth, after upgrading to iOS 15, different problems will come up from time to time. Thats why FoneGeek iOS System Recovery is developed. Its a reliable 3rd-party tool to fix most iOS problems in a moment without any data loss. And you dont need any technical knowledge to use it. It is simple to operate.
Core features of FoneGeek iOS System Recovery:
- It is able to addressing all issues related to iOS system like iPhone stuck on Apple logo, recovery mode, black screen, boot loop, etc.
- No date will be lost during and after the fixing process if you use the standard repair mode.
- Its user-friendly interface will make you control the program without any hassle.
- Works well on all iOS versions and iPhone models. iOS 15/14 and iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13 are all supported.
Steps on how to fix iPhone not sharing WiFi password without data loss:
Step 1: Download and install the iOS repair tool on your computer. Launch it and select “Standard Mode”, then plug your iPhone to computer.
Note: the program will provide the instructions to enter recovery mode/DFU mode for users whose devices cannot be successfully connected.
Step 2: The program will automatically detect the iPhone information and its relevant firmware package. Check the device information and correct it manually if necessary. Then tap on “Download”.
Until now, FoneGeek iOS System Recovery has received many positive feedbacks from global customers:
Recommended Reading: Sony Bravia Tv Wifi